I know you.
You eat, sleep and dream your business. You are the first one there and the last one to leave. And…until now…you do it all, whenever it needs to be done. But there comes a point where you can’t do everything yourself and you have to think about bringing in others to help you grow your business to the next level.
When you reach this level, the first instinct is to hire staff. But in today’s environment, the expense, overhead and hiring headaches are causing smart entrepreneurs to look for other creative solutions.
For marketing and communication services, here are five reasons why outsourcing is a great fit for small and medium sized businesses.
1) Time. Okay, we know that smart people can figure this stuff out, but we also know that really smart people admit that they just don’t have the time. As the owner of your business, you wear many hats and outsourcing key functions frees you to do the crucial work that only you can do.
2) Money. It can be very expensive to keep a full time communications and/or marketing team on your staff. Dollar for dollar, outsourcing is a great financial move over in-house personnel when you count all the costs of hiring such as salary, taxes, benefits, office space, equipment, etc. Plus, there is less disruption when you have a staff change because your communications needs will continue to be met without a hitch.
3) Focus. Communication is crucial to your business, but it can easily fall through the cracks as your lean staff struggles to cover all the bases. Outside firms are responsible for just one piece of your business, which means they have razor-sharp focus and 100% accountability.
4) Expertise. It’s a given that entrepreneurs must take on multiple roles but, chances are, you’re not an expert on everything. Surfing the net can give you a broad framework of knowledge, but can also give a false sense of security that can lead to gaps in your online strategy. The problem is that you don’t know what you don’t know. Outsourcing marketing, design, writing and online business strategy to people who do this all the time will insure all of the bases are covered. Dedicated professionals will have strategies, ideas and systems that just make things better.
5) Efficiency. If you have to learn all of the marketing stuff, it just isn’t a very efficient use of your time and money. Even if you do have some time to learn the basic, things change so fast in the online world that you will need to retrain yourself tomorrow. A qualified outside professional will know the latest trends and techniques and will be able to do a much better job in a fraction of the time.